This post may contain affiliate links so I earn a commission. Please read my disclosure for more info.
To maintain weight, we need to burn more calories than we consume. Protein snacks are a great way to get the energy that you need and help you lose weight.
- Protein snacks that have 150 calories or less are best for weight loss
- Depending on your body type, you might need more protein in your diet than someone who is taller or has a bigger frame.
- Although there are many types of protein bars out there, I found these four brands to be the best for my needs and they have at least five grams of fiber per bar: Quest Bars, Luna Protein Bars, Vega Snack Bars, and ON Protein Bites.
High Protein Options For Weight Loss Diet
Dieting is difficult because it is not just about eating less food. It is also about eating the right kind of food that will help your body get in shape and lose weight.
High protein options are very important for those who are struggling with their weight, so this article will provide some high-protein options that you can easily add to your diet.
Some popular high-protein foods include chicken breast, ground turkey, eggs, fish, and beans.
Beans are a great protein option because they are inexpensive and provide a wide range of nutrients to improve health.
1. Edamame And Baby Carrots
With a high protein content, these snacks are a great meal replacement or on-the-go snack.
Edamame and baby carrots make for a yummy, high-protein snack. With just 100 calories each and 12 grams of protein, you can enjoy these satisfying snacks without feeling guilty about indulging.
You can make your tasty edamame snack by boiling them in salt water and seasoning them with soy sauce, fresh lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
Or you could roast the edamame in the oven with olive oil until they turn light golden brown before munching down!
2. Almonds And Berries
The most popular type of almonds is the salted ones. They make a delicious and healthy snack that can be eaten by people with any diet.
Almonds provide a lot of benefits, like being rich in protein, fiber, and vitamin E.
There are also other types of almonds that have different flavors or are roasted with different spices which allow them to be more versatile for various tastes.
Berries offer just as many health benefits as some other snacks like apples or bananas.
They contain many micronutrients such as vitamin C and iron which promote good health and lower chances of getting sick.
3. Cottage Cheese With Applesauce Or Red Grapes
This is a recipe for a high-protein snack that is not only delicious but also easy to make.
- 2 cups of cottage cheese (or one container)
- 1/4 cup of applesauce or red grapes
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the cottage cheese and the applesauce. Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
4. Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites High Protein Snacks
These little peanut butter cookie dough bites are so delicious and they are high in protein!
Peanut butter cookie dough is already a classic recipe for many treats, but adding some protein powder into the mix makes these bites even better.
They only take 10 minutes to whip up and are perfect as an after-school snack or dessert.
- 1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 cup of old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon almond extract A pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 16 ounces of semisweet chocolate
5. Plain Greek Yogurt With Honey& Pumpkin Seeds High Protein Snacks
Protein is a macronutrient that is present in every cell in our body. It is the building block of all tissues and has many vital bodily functions.
The benefits of a high protein diet include increased satiety, muscle mass, and higher metabolism.
Greek yogurt with honey and pumpkin seeds makes for a great breakfast or afternoon snack due to its high protein content which will help you feel full for longer.
Protein also helps you build muscle when eaten as part of your regular diet, thereby aiding weight loss efforts.